Structure fire in Steubenville
STEUBENVILLE - A structure fire at an occupied house at 1113 Claire Ave. Saturday afternoon resulted in smoke and water damage to the structure but no injuries, according to city fire department reports.
Firefighters responded to a report of residents trapped in a burning house at about 4 p.m. Saturday. According to reports, residents had managed to escape the blaze by the time crews had responded. The fire began in an upstairs bedroom inside a wall before being extinguished by crews, according to the department. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 worth of damage, and there were no injuries to either residents or firefighters.